- Category: Volume 87 (Fall 2015 - Spring 2016)
- Published: 14 October 2015
- Written by THE OUTLOOK STAFF
Dear Students and Fans:
As we get ready to welcome friends and alumni back for Homecoming 2015 we hope to see you at the events including the annual Pep Rally that will be held on Friday, October 23 at 5:00 p.m. in the MAC. As part of this year’s Pep Rally, students will have an opportunity to cheer on the Hawks, get a Homecoming t-shirt, and find out who will be in the Homecoming court. We hope to see you there!
For those of you who planning to come to the football game on Saturday, October 24, we want to let you know that the parade will begin at parking lot 16 (behind the Plangere Center) at 12:00 pm. The Hawks will take on Coastal Carolina University at 1:00 pm on Kessler Field. The Monmouth University Police Department would also like to remind everyone who is driving to the game to pay particular attention to the no parking signs on the side streets in West Long Branch.
The University has also been informed that the West Long Branch Police Department will issue tickets to anyone who attempts to park their vehicle on Larchwood Avenue.
Common Sense and Good Decision Making
If you or your friends plan to tailgate at Homecoming we encourage you to read through the guidelines that are linked to the SGA website: www. monmouth. edu/sga
Listed below are a few of the main rules that students and fans need to know.
- Fans may tailgate before the game and then again for 2 hours once the game has ended. Fans may not tailgate during Fans may not tailgate during the game or at half-time. Once the game begins, fans must enter Kessler Field or vacate the parking lots.
- Entry into the parking lots on game day will begin at 9:00 am.
- Tailgating will take place in the commuter lot and in parking lot 25 for fans who have reserved parking.
- Fans that plan to consume alcohol must be 21 or older and be prepared to show legal proof of age.
- Kegs, party balls, common source/mass quantities of alcohol, hard liquor and glass containers are not permitted.
- Drinking games, competitive drinking, drinking paraphernalia is prohibited, will be stopped and will be confiscated.
- Bands, DJ’s, stages, or platforms are not permitted in the parking lots.
- Each tailgating spot may set up a tent no larger than 10 feet by 10 feet only on game day. The tent must be removed at the end of game day.
Fans will be required to pay a parking fee for each vehicle that enters the campus parking lots on October 24, 2015. PLEASE NOTE: In the event a vehicle leaves and attempts to return, the fan will have to once again pay the parking fee.
SGA will have a FREE cab service on game day between 1:00 pm and
5:30 pm that will take fans back to a local home address in the event they are unable to safely/legally operate their vehicle. The cabs will be located in the circular drive in front of the MAC.
If part of your Homecoming weekend involves the consumption of alcohol we ask that you do it in a safe, legal and responsible manner. You can have fun, attend Homecoming and still be responsible when it comes to the use and/or distribution of alcohol.
Do you live off-campus?
If so and you are planning to host a party during Homecoming weekend, please be careful and observe all of the laws that pertain to quality of life issues (excessive noise, trash, etc.) and the distribution and consumption of alcohol. If your off-campus party is drawing the wrong kind of attention from your neighbors, you run the risk of having the police show up. Please be safe and make your Homecoming experience memorable for all of the right reasons.
2015 Homecoming Committee