default article image
Sports

Women’s Lacrosse Hires New Assistant Coach

Brooke Foussadier has been added to the Monmouth University women’s lacrosse staff, head coach Denise Wescott announced on Thursday.

Foussadier comes from nationally ranked Johns Hopkins, where she played attack for the Blue Jays.  While at the Baltimore school, Foussadier helped lead Hopkins to a No. 17 ranking and was named Inside-Lacrosse.com Division I National Attacker of the Week for her part in upending then second-ranked Northwestern.

“I’m excited to have Brooke join our staff,” said MU’s Wescott. “I think her experience from Hopkins, a top-20 program, is going to bring a lot to this team.  As an attack player, she brings a lot to the table, she is definitely going to raise our stick skills. I love her passion for lacrosse, I think she is a great addition to us.”

The Turnersville, N.J., native will work with the Hawk attack as well as handle some recruiting and camp duties.  Foussadier coached at the club level with the highly successful South Jersey Select team.  While with S.J. Select she developed practice plans, managed team travel and registration and helped plan and run clinics.

Foussadier finished as the 20th most prolific scorer in Hopkins history with 61 career points. She completed her playing career as the Blue Jays’ 17th all-time leading goal scorer (47) and is 12th in free position goals (15). Foussadier graduated from John’s Hopkins in May of 2011 with a degree in public health.