Relationships are usually supposed to contain the happiest moments of our lives. People go after a love they think they deserve. Dating should be about and being with someone who understands us and brings a simplicity of happiness in our lives. When someone is in a toxic a relationship they are usually brainwashed by the other person that they cannot do better and will not.
They are frequently told that no one will love them like they do and they point out the other person’s faults. This makes the receiver of the abuse go crazy. They second guess everything they do and they always try to please someone who will ultimately never be satisfied.
Nothing the victim does will ever be good enough to the abuser and they will sit there confused by all their futile attempts to grasp on to someone who claims they love them.
People get stuck in these relationships because once they fear they are not good enough, they don’t know who will date them or who will love them as much as that person loves them. A person, who is already insecure is more likely to stay in a toxic relationship.
Women and men feel that they must fit a certain standard of beauty and when they don’t the person clings on to the only person they think they can be with. Once you become insecure the person you are with might keep pointing these things out and keep degrading you. These people suck. They are insecure in themselves and need to possess a power over you to feel secure. They will constantly use your mistakes and you’re past to judge you and make you grow closer toward them. It is once you realize you don’t need these people that you walk away.
There are many signs of a toxic relationship, that friends you should look out for.
- 1. You start to become passive aggressive, this is when you start not telling your significant other why you don’t like the things they do and bottling it up.
- 2. Jealousy: this is when you start feeling jealous or insecure about every little thing they do.
- 3. You can’t do anything right, anything you do whether it is major or minor does not seem to satisfy the other person and makes you feel helpless.
- 4. You only think about making him or her happy, if you go out of your way to consistently make someone happy who doesn’t do the same for you.
- 5. Your partner wants you all to themselves; this occurs slowly when they make you cut out friends and family time because you can only be with them.
- 6. You feel queasy with your partner, if you have physical issues like throwing up or skin flare ups your body may be telling you to stay away from this person.
Look out for these signs in a toxic relationship, and make a change for the better.