Spring into Spring with Shoes
Lifestyles

“Spring” into Spring with New Shoes

As the warm weather of spring is approaching, the time to throw out those old sneakers is now.  To most people, sneakers are seen as a necessity for every day living. But to others, such as myself, they represent so much more than just a part of an outfit.  Shoes can show your interests, the type of lifestyle you live, and reflect who you are as a person.

There are multiple options for springtime sneakers.  Whether you want something colorful, comfortable, or vibrant, there is a shoe option out there for you.

Nicholas Messina, a communication professor, expressed his interest in fashion and shoes.  “I’ve really grown to like European fashion.  Most of the outfits I see tend to be well put together.” 

Messina also spoke about some of his favorite shoes for the spring.  “Aldos and Vans are usually my go to shoes.  But every guy should at least have one black dress shoe and one brown,” he said.

Messina believes that a person should purchase durable shoes that offer comfort and style.  This does not mean that you should buy the most expensive, but keeping in mind your budget will allow finding stylish and affordable footwear. 

Brendan Tedaldi, a sophomore student provided some additional insight on footwear with his experience as a former Footlocker sales associate. “Sneakers in my opinion are probably the most important part of the outfit.  It shows the type of person you are, and it can also be a stand-out piece to your outfit,” he said.

The Nike Roshe Runs, the Adidas Ultraboost, and for a dressier option, Sperry boat shoes are all comfortable and versatile options that were frequently sold out at Footlocker. 

“With the nice weather, you have the opportunity to break out your nicest shoes.  None of my nicer shoes tend to come out during the winter but when spring comes around, I have a steady rotation of shoes that I want people to see,” added Tedaldi.

Nicholas Bellomo, a sophomore marketing student believes that you can tell a lot about a person by the shoes that they wear.  Some of Bellomo’s favorite sneakers for the spring are Converse, Adidas, Stan Smiths, Sperrys, and ultimately something that is easy to slip on. “As essential as sneakers are for the spring and summer, there’s nothing better than just putting on a slip-on shoe to go out for the day,” said Bellomo. He believes in investing in a more expensive pair of shoes that will last.

Most of the opinions that I received are some that I agree with. Personally, I feel that everyone should have comfortable shoes within their rotation.  Personally, my top five footwear options for spring are the Adidas Ultraboost, Vans slip-on, Adidas Stan Smith, Adidas NMD, and the Air Jordan 1.  My reasoning behind this rotation is they all are extremely comfortable, they have multiple colorways, and they are reasonably priced for the popularity they receive. 

The sneaker and shoe culture in our society has altered in many ways.  Some people have stuck with the same shoes their whole lives, while others have embraced the new designs and technology that can be put into a pair of shoes.  Many are in search for rare, expensive, and hard to obtain sneakers or shoes, but it is more important to purchase footwear that inspires you.

IMAGE TAKEN from Pexels