Lifestyles

A Guide to Birthday Freebies

Like many people, my birthday is something I look forward to every year but not for the reason you may think. Yeah, the festivities and a nice dinner at the end of the night are fine. The best part of birthdays in my opinion, though? Birthday. Freebies.

There’s nothing I love more than free things, especially on, arguably, the most important day of the year: my birthday. As it was my birthday last week, I think it’s only right to provide you all with a comprehensive guide to your well-deserved birthday freebies so you, too, can get all the best treats and goodies on your special day.

1. P. F. Chang’s
    P. F. Chang’s may not be the first place that comes to mind when it comes to birthday rewards, but let me tell you: you’re definitely missing out if you don’t hit this restaurant up. P. F. Chang’s offers their reward members one of two options: a complimentary dessert or appetizer during your birthday month. You can choose from appetizer menu items such as spare ribs, lettuce wraps, or dynamite shrimp. If you’re looking to go the sweeter route, choose between delicious banana spring rolls, chocolate soufflé, or New York-style cheesecake.

Personally, I always get “The Great Wall of Chocolate,” a six-layered slice of chocolate cake with fresh berries and a berry drizzle. This thing is bigger than my head and lasts me for days. Not to mention, it comes in at a $13 value, and you get it for absolutely nothing.
  2. Nothing Bundt Cake
    This brand truly has top tier cakes, and on your birthday, you’re given the gift of your own delicious bundtlet if you sign up for their emails. With so many flavors to choose from—including carrot, chocolate chip, classic vanilla, lemon, snickerdoodle, and a unique flavor which now just so happens to be Reese’s chocolate peanut butter—Nothing Bundt Cakes is sure to have something you’ll like.

These little cakes always end up being my own individual birthday cake every year. Plop a candle in the middle and boom: you’ve got yourself a free birthday dessert. I chose their strawberries and cream this year, and it was a homerun.
  3. Moe’s Southwest Grill
    Straying away from the sweet treats, get lunch on Moe’s this year through their rewards app. This delicious, southwestern-inspired restaurant treats its members to a free burrito every year on their birthdays. With a $12 value, you’d be losing money if you don’t take them up on this deal.

Try Moe’s famous burrito, the “Homewrecker,” which comes with your choice of protein, rice, beans, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, sour cream, and guac. Other specialty burritos include the “Moe Meat Mo Cheese” and the “Edgy Veggie.” You also have the option of building your own burrito if you would like to tailor your meal to your preferences or dietary restrictions.
  4. Crumbl Cookies
    We know and love them for their delicious cookies with an ever-revolving door of specialty flavors, and here’s your opportunity to indulge for free. Crumbl gives their rewards members a coupon for a complimentary cookie from their weekly selection.

The usually delectable cookie tasted even better on my birthday because it was free. If you’re a Crumbl Cookies fan, definitely utilize this deal.
  5. AMC
    You may not think of a movie theater rewards program for birthday freebies, but AMC is a must if you’re an avid movie watcher. While the theater doesn’t offer its Stubs rewards members with a free movie (unfortunately), they do gift members a free large popcorn every year.

Combine this deal with the $5 AMC movie tickets available at Monmouth’s Student Center, and you’re all set to sit back and relax on your birthday at a fraction of the cost.

There are so many other companies that offer birthday rewards to their customers—IHOP, Panera Bread, Cinnabon, Taco Bell, Ulta, to name a few more—so take a look at your favorite brands on your special day. After all, what better day to get gifts from these companies than on your birthday.